ORANGE COUNTY ASIAN AND PACIFIC ISLANDER COMMUNITY ALLIANCE (OCAPICA) JOB DESCRIPTION
- Title: Bookeeper [Find this listing on Indeed]
- Division: Orange County Civic Engagement Table (OCCET)
- FLSA: Non-Exempt, Full Time
- Supervisor: OCCET Executive Director
- Pay range or rate: Commensurate with experience
- Revised: December 2021
Under the supervision the Finance & Administration Director, the bookkeeper wills coordinate and support the financial management and health of the organization. As part of the OCCET Team, the bookkeeper will support OCCET’s transition into its independent 501c3 organization. The purpose of this position is to ensure integration and compliance of systems and facilitate both a smooth transition as an independent organization.
- Manage receipt and processing OCCET payments (subcontracts, grant MOUs, etc)
- Create monthly & Quarterly financial reports alongside the Finance and Admin Director, including:
- Balance Sheets
- Profit & Loss
- Budget vs. Actual Performance
- Maintain cash forecasts and conduct reconciliation of bank and merchant accounts
- Allocate and track restricted grant expenditures
- Support annual tax preparation and audits with contracted auditors
- Support with payroll / HR systems, including receiving timesheets, preparing w-4 & I-9 forms and maintain compensation records
Minimum Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Formal Finance Training
- 5+ years of experience in financial management for nonprofit organizations, including fund accounting with demonstrated ability to perform daily financial functions with limited supervision
- High proficiency in accounting software for non-profits
- Strong management skills, with the ability to inspire, motivate, and strengthen staff accountability
- Strong organizational, writing and communication skills to communicate financial concepts and key data to individuals with a wide range of financial backgrounds
- Ability to develop, implement, and manage business systems and processes, including budget development
- Ability to work in diverse team of colleagues and populations.
- Must have excellent networking and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with the philosophy and goals of OCCET.
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends.
- Current and valid California Driver’s License and transportation to travel to conferences, meetings, and trainings; verification of car insurance is required.
- Verification of employment eligibility and Background Check required.
- Regular Attendance required.
- Experience working with underserved communities.
- Prefer individual with flexibility and initiative.
- Excellent organizational skills–good attention to detail and well organized.
- Self motivated-proven ability to work independently and in a team and to overcome obstacles.
Environmental Conditions (Working Conditions)
The environment for this position is an office environment (may include shared space) as well as out in the field, exposed to weather conditions and noise level prevalent at the time.
In the course of performing this job, the incumbent typically spends time sitting, standing, driving, walking, typing, filing, listening and speaking.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to any/all of the following: tolerance for distractions and interruptions.
The Orange County Asian and Pacific Islander Community Alliance (OCAPICA) are dedicated to enhancing the health, and social and economic well-being of Asians and Pacific Islanders in Orange County, California. Established in 1997, OCAPICA works to improve and expand the community’s opportunities through service, education, advocacy, organizing and research. These community-driven activities seek to empower Asians and Pacific Islanders to define and control their lives and the future of their community.
The Orange County Civic Engagement Table (OCCET) is a project of OCAPICA, an innovative partnership of community-based organizations committed to increasing the quality, scale and effectiveness of civic participation in communities of color and among low-income populations. Participating organizations are: Resilience OC, VietRISE, OCAPICA, OCCCO, OCLF, OCEJ, and AHRI for Justice.
Please apply through the Indeed website or contact Jonathan Paik, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orange County Asian and Pacific Islander Community Alliance, Inc. (OCAPICA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer